a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

A Bit of Printing

copyright Barbara Di Lella "Morgan" 2013

How was your weekend?
 
In between Spring Cleaning, cooking, family and walks with the girls, I managed to shoot a few more screens and do a bit of printing. 

 Do you like horses?

As always, my signature is hidden within the lines of my work and the photos are slightly distorted for obvious reasons but I'm sure you get the idea. Years ago Art had a commission to do a rearing horse for an award. We went to the police stables and I took a lot of reference photos for him. This drawing is based on one of those.

I hope to get these (tea towels) in the shop soon as it has been rather stark over there the last little while.

3 comments:

  1. Magnificent.
    I'm reminded of the story of a young man, many years ago, who thought that drawing should look like the steel engravings he saw in books, and subsequently taught himself to draw to create that effect.
    How strong this horse drawing is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have always loved horses; a little timid to actually get on one ( I did ride as a child) but my scrapbook is full of horse pictures. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore horses and would definitely love it on a tote bag and maybe you would do it on a bright colour with the horse in black.

    ReplyDelete