a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

"Fields"

Sparrow Avenue "Fields" limited edition pouches
A number of times I have alluded to making something different. 

This is my attempt at paying tribute to a time period of roughly 100 years ago. 

It is my tribute to those 
who stepped out of a routine and mundane life 
and into an unknown world. 
They took a gamble. 
They staked their future on a hope and dream. 

Some of them were the misfits of their time. 
Some of them were young and guileless. 
But all of them wanted something better.

It is my tribute to those who sought a freedom, whether it was in the wilderness of the Yukon and its Gold Rush at the turn of the century or overseas during the First World War. 

The pouch shown here is part of my new limited edition of pouches that I have branded "FIELDS ". The word, to me, implies many things: wild flowers, discovery, openness and freedom.

Sparrow Avenue "Fields"  limited edition pouches

The colours I've chosen are simple and natural: forest, woods and field colours.
Even the back panels have plenty of attention to detail, making them not only limited but, one of a kind. The buttons are all vintage and the front panels are all made of various natural dyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment