a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

There's a Land...


The last few days have been so cottagey/summer-like with gentle warm sunshine and cool, easy breezes. It is sitting-on-the-dock weather. These flowers remind me of a cottage and everytime the girls and I pass by them, I stop and smile.


I've talked about my grandpa's cottage before, it is amongst a number of places that I would like to return to. I guess everyone has places like that. 

Sometimes, living vicariously is all one can do until circumstances change. My youngest is soon returning from an amazing western summer. The stories I hear of mountain treks and animals seen take me back to those places.

"...and I want to go back and I will."  R. Service

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful shots.
    Yes, this is the time of year I get most nostalgic, going well into autumn.
    It is cooler here too and it seems to change the internal landscape.

    ReplyDelete