a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My Right Arm/ A Little While Later

Sparrow Avenue Linen Tea Towels
Some of the tea towel stock piled up as I was sorting and taking inventory over the weekend. 
There was a time I thought I wouldn't be able to meet the stock required for the show. I couldn't print with my left arm, the cast prevented me from holding the squeegee properly. I didn't think my right hand could learn how to do it. You know that old saying: "Can't teach an old dog new tricks"? Well, I proved that to be wrong. My right hand was doing an amazing job. That is, until it was injured with too much repetitive work. I had to stop for ten days! And then Art thought he'd be able to do the printing for me. He did a few good prints too. But then I thought I'd try again. And what do you know? My right arm was stronger than ever.

****************************

A little while later...


The previous evening had such beautiful winter colour, who knew it would change so quickly.


Clearly a storm was brewing.
The winds were quite strong.


1 comment:

  1. We got pummelled yesterday too. I love that last shot.
    And I love your story about your right arm especially as your left is getting stronger every day.

    ReplyDelete