a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Repeat Pattern

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Elm Leaf Pattern, 2017

Welcome to March

Besides the animals that I do, I've also been exploring the botany aspect of nature. I would like to combine more elements into my work but for now, that is still pretty much behind the scenes. At least, until I can move it further along. In the meantime, I have also been experimenting with repeated pattern.


copyright Barbara Di Lella, Elm Leaf Pattern 2017

I eliminated the stray leaf and divided the pattern horizontally and vertically. In other words, I guess, I quartered the image so that  it would repeat itself like this:

copyright Barbara Di Lella, Elm Leaf Pattern Repeat, 2017
 That was kind of cool, I thought. But a little boring, a little too much like wall paper. Well, maybe I'll work on that a little more too.


No comments:

Post a Comment