a journal of original drawings and screen prints of animals


Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

"New Stuff Coming"

Sparrow Avenue, Rabbit Pillow
I have been working on a "New Page" for this blog; a page that will list all my items and their  current retail prices.

This may seem like an odd thing to do, seeing as I have an Etsy shop that does this. However, Etsy has recently changed their policy on fees charged to the shop owners. This in turn, unfortunately, is passed down to the buyers. Essentially, what used to be a venue in support of makers and their hard work, has now become a vehicle for, in my opinion, gouging. 

Not that long ago Etsy went public which means that their interests are now focused on their share holders, not the shop owners whom they once supported

Clearly I am upset about this. In my opinion my prices are fair. I have worked hard at keeping my prices reasonable so that my work is attainable to my customers. 

To justify their new fees, Etsy suggests that many shop owners under-price their work. That may be true, especially for those who don't rely on their work as a full-time income. But for those of us who do, we are forced to raise our prices.

In the next little while, I will have this "New Page" up, so keep watching...

No comments:

Post a Comment